Crew qualification through distance learning for the recruitment and management of sea-going staff
The Diploma in Crew Management distance learning course provides up to date and essential information to crew recruitment and placement agents as well as those working in the ship manning and training sector.
This qualification in maritime crew management covers:
- operational issues,
- relevant conventions and regulations,
- insurance and applicable law,
- commercial principles of business management.
As an international marine professional development qualification the Diploma in Crew Management programme focuses on the principal maritime labour markets, and is supported by the International Federation of Ship Masters’ Associations (IFSMA).
Download the latest Diploma in Crew Management distance learning course brochure here.
Distance Learning Course Programme
• Introduction to crew management
• Regulatory framework
• Essential law for managing sea-going crew
• Finance, accounting and business planning
• Competency and people management
• Crew management operations
• Customer relations
• Crew welfare
One of our esteemed authors, Dr Suresh Idnani has been honoured by the Judge's Special Award for Outstanding Services to Seafarers' Welfare at the 2011 International Seafarers' Welfare Awards held at the International Labour Organisation (ILO) in Geneva. To read more about Dr Idnani, click here.