Don't forget: if you are an existing member of IMPA don’t forget that you benefit from a £200 discount on the Diploma in Marine Purchasing & Supply Management.
Founded in 1978 by a group of senior purchasing executives, IMPA was formed with the aim of promoting co-operation and understanding between the purchaser and supplier and to improve the practice of marine purchasing in all applied forms. IMPA has a wide membership base of companies and individuals from all over the world, including many of the leading ship owning and managing companies as well as major marine manufacturers and ship suppliers. Anyone in the field of marine purchasing and supply can apply for membership and enjoy the many benefits available from the association which through little cost offers much in return.
Aims and Objectives
- To increase the professional status of the association's members
- To support purchasing management and the efficiency of ship managing, operating and owning companies and their suppliers
- To promote and facilitate world-wide cooperation between personnel engaged in purchasing and supply within the marine industry
- To represent common interests of purchasing professionals, suppliers, trade and professional associations and public authorities
- To work for better understanding of the importance of efficient supply management and of the value of purchasing expertise in reducing a vessel's operating expenses
- To support the new systems or procedures which will benefit all organisations involved and working within the purchasing and supply function
- To contribute to the enhancement of ethical and professional business standards in the marine industry
To be a leading industry organisation providing real value to members.