With the changing face of shipping and the demand for auditing regimes to be addressed, there is a need for nearly everyone who is working on board aship in a management capacity and those working ashore to be able to perform the role of an internal auditor as a minimum.
As shipping companies diversify, the need for internal auditors to meet the increasing demands increase and this is reflected in the way auditing is presented in the company framework.
Delivered by part-time tutored online learning, this course offers you the flexibility to learn with the tutoring of an industry expert while working full-time. The Advanced Certificate in Internal Auditor gives you a detailed understanding of the role of an internal auditor in shipping, and teaches students to conduct an internal audit using the auditing system that their company or organisation have in place.
This course has been built using the many standards available but to ensure that the maritime requirements for the ISM Code, ISPS Code, MLC 2006 and the ISO standards are met.
When: 8 November 2018
Where: via Online Learning
Duration: 12 weeks part-time
• Ship managers, superintendents, and operations managers wanting to understand the role of the DP
• Potential and existing DPs wanting accreditation
• Technical personnel, engineers and crew managers
• Marine and insurance surveyors and Flag, Coastal and Port State Officers working in the maritime industry
• Shipping company personnel requiring an understanding of the DP and the ISM Code and its impact on shipping
• Allied professionals with a desire to develop their understanding of the role of the DP, such as lawyers, insurers, brokers, consultants and L&D personnel
Capt John Dickie
Captain Dickie has spent over 40 years in the maritime industry and is managing director of JDass Ltd.
hn spent over 20 years at sea from cadet to command on various ship types from oil, chemical and gas including combination carriers and bulk carriers to container ships.
This course is a new addition to our LMA portfolio and it was created to attend the high demand and numerous requests of professionals working within the maritime industry.
The Certificate will be appropriate for professionals who want to develop their knowledge in Big Data and its future applications.
Enrol today and save 10% off the full course fee