Implementing best practice systems and processes to go beyond compliance and create a safety culture in shipping
What is the true cost of safety at sea?
This distance learning programme shows how compliance with maritime safety codes and regulations is just the beginning. Creating an effective safety culture throughout organisations not only saves lives but can prevent possible catastrophic effects on both the environment and reputation and bottom line of the companies involved.
Download the Certificate in Maritime Safety Management course programme here.
This 12-week certificate course examines all aspects of maritime safety management including:
- The international codes used to govern and measure compliance,
- Risk and quality management approaches,
- Management strategies needed to create a proactive culture of safety.
Maritime safety management needs to be built in to vessels and organisations as an integral component, guiding decisions and behaviour every day, at every level and should be regarded as a priority for all ship builders, owners, customers and operators.
Six modules written by subject experts are delivered online, with dedicated tutorial support available at each step as you study the course materials in the following areas:
1. Introducing Maritime Safety Management and the International Safety Management (ISM) Code
2. The Aims, Structure and Content of the ISM Code
3. Operational Safety Management
4. Risk and Quality Management
5. Auditing, Measurement and Improvement Systems
6. Safety Management and a Safety Culture
Shipping is a truly global industry, involving many nations, organisations and individuals in a complex network of trade. It can also be very dangerous, and with increasing ship numbers and sizes, the industry faces ever greater safety risks. Learning by distance education enables all of those involved to study this course as we strive for a safer environment for all.
For a detailed breakdown of the Maritime Safety Management certificate course content click here.