This port economics course is an introduction into the key issues involved in port economics, its demand and supply models, its pricing and its investment scenarios. It will aid port managers and asset managers in understanding the value of ports and their economic role in today’s shipping market.
When: 21 October 2019
Where: Delivered online with the support of leading industry experts
Duration: 12 weeks
Qualification: Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Professional Development Certificate
● Prospective senior managers and management trainees in the port industry
● Port and maritime authority personnel seeking career development
● New and future entrants to the industry such as seafarers and graduates
● Shipping line managers, shipping agents, plus freight, cargo and logistics service providers
● Government staff, regulators and planner
● Equipment and service suppliers, industry advisors, investors, legal professionals and consultants
● Engineering and construction companies, infrastructure and investment managers
● Maritime economists
Dr. Peter de Langen is the owner and principal consultant of Ports & Logistics Advisory, based in Malaga, Spain and established in 2013. Peter de Langen is part-time professor at Copenhagen Business School and held a part-time position as professor Cargo Transport & Logistics, at Eindhoven University of Technology, from 2009 to 2016, From 2007 to 2013, Peter worked at Port of Rotterdam Authority (PoR), department Corporate Strategy as senior advisor. From 1997 to 2007, he worked at Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR).
Enrol before 23 August to save 10%