Ship and Port Agents provide a varied and vital role within the overall supply chain and operate in a highly competitive marketplace for their services. Rapid change in the supply chain requires existing agents to engage in CPD and ensure they stay on top of their profession. This Diploma for Ship and Port Agents course includes:
• a thorough examination of the modern agent’s role
• the different services required and provided
• core commercial skills
• legal issues for agents and
• the latest contemporary issues in the sector
When: 12 February 2018
Where: Delivered online with the support of leading industry experts
Duration: 12 months
Qualification: Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Professional Development Diploma, awarded by North Kent
• Early or mid-career ship and port agents wishing to develop their knowledge
• Experienced agents wishing to update their knowledge and prepare for fresh challenges
• General managers and operations managers at agency companies
• Seafarers wanting to move into a shore based role with an agency
• Professionals wishing to develop a role in ship and port agency
• Shipping company personnel wishing to understand the work of the agent
M.El Zein, Sea Pride Enterprise
Head of Quality Assurance in Further Education
and Ofsted Inspector
He has worked in both colleges and private training providers in a number of curriculum roles including lecturer, Head of School, Quality Manager and Senior Manager. In 2009 he was appointed additional inspector with Ofsted and now inspects for them on a freelance basis. His current role is the lead manager for performance and data at a large London further education college.
Darrell is joined by a host of expert authors, you can read more here.
R.Pinto, LBH Group
The Diploma in Ship & Port Agency has been academically assessed to provide 60 credits of prior learning accreditation towards a unique MBA delivered in partnership between IBC Academy and Middlesex University.