With the changing face of shipping and the demand for auditing regimes to be addressed, there is a need for nearly everyone who is working onboard a ship in a management capacity, and those working ashore, to be able to perform the role of an internal auditor as a minimum.
As shipping companies diversify, the need for internal auditors to meet the increasing demands increase and this is reflected in the way auditing is presented in the company framework.
Delivered by part-time tutored online learning, this course offers you the flexibility to learn with the tutoring of an industry expert while working full-time. The Advanced Certificate in Internal Auditor gives you a detailed understanding of the role of an internal auditor in shipping, and teaches students to conduct an internal audit using the auditing system that their company or organisation have in place.
This course has been built using the many standards available but to ensure that the maritime requirements for the ISM Code, ISPS Code, MLC 2006 and the ISO standards are met.
This course is taught in partnership with North Kent College.
When: 5 November 2020
Where: via Online Learning
Duration: 12 weeks part-time
• Auditors, quality managers, heads of quality
• The Designated Person (DP)/Designated Person Ashore (DPA)
• The Company Security Officer/Company Cyber Security Officer
• Ship managers, superintendents, and operations managers wanting to understand internal auditing requirements
• Heads of security/security managers
• Regulatory managers/legal officers, maritime lawyers etc
• Shipping company personnel requiring an understanding of internal auditing and its impact on shipping
• Marine and insurance surveyors and Flag, Coastal and Port State Officers working in the maritime industry
• Allied professionals with a desire to develop their understanding of the role of internal auditing, such as insurers, brokers, consultants and L&D personnel
Capt John Dickie
Captain Dickie has spent over 40 years in the maritime industry and is managing director of JDass Ltd.
hn spent over 20 years at sea from cadet to command on various ship types from oil, chemical and gas including combination carriers and bulk carriers to container ships.