Those wishing to undertake the MSc in Marine Operations (Continuation) must have already studied one of the following with Lloyd’s Maritime Academy and North Kent College:
In addition to one of these Diplomas, students must also have:
- A minimum of three years’ managerial or professional experience at the appropriate level in an occupation closely related to Marine Operations
- Fluency in spoken and written English is a requirement for entry to the programme. This can be by English being your mother tongue or you have previously successfully completed an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification at a recognised institution where the medium of tuition and assessment was entirely in English (proof must be provided). Where this is not the case, an unconditional offer cannot be given until you provide satisfactory evidence of your English language ability by:
- A minimum IELTS score of 6.5 (with minimum 6.0 in all four components). You can take this test in any of the centres in British Council offices overseas. Applications should be made direct to the local office. If no office is available, inquire at the British Consular Offices
- A minimum TOEFL score of 575 (no less than 4.5 in test of written English) or TOEFL iBT of 90 (with no less than 19 in each component)
- Or equivalent qualification
Although not an essential entry requirement, it is recommended that students have a second class honours degree, or an overseas equivalent qualification for this course.