With ports being instrumental to global trade, they need to be able to adapt to and overcome new challenges emerging in the industry, from new technologies to new threats. This course offers an introduction to port development and planning in the long term, with a specific economic focus.
Designed to provide an overall introduction to port development, this 12-week online programme compliments our Certificate in Port Economics and provides a pathway to our esteemed 12-month Diploma in Port Management.
When: 5 October 2020
Where: Delivered online with the support of leading industry experts
Duration: 12 weeks
● Port and maritime authority personnel
● New and future entrants to the industry such as seafarers and graduates
● Shipping line managers, shipping agents, plus freight, cargo and logistics service providers
● Government staff, regulators and planners
● Industry advisors, investors, legal professionals and consultants
● Planning and development executives
Dr. Peter de Langen is the owner and principal consultant of Ports & Logistics Advisory, based in Malaga, Spain and established in 2013. Peter de Langen is part-time professor at Copenhagen Business School and held a part-time position as professor Cargo Transport & Logistics, at Eindhoven University of Technology, from 2009 to 2016, From 2007 to 2013, Peter worked at Port of Rotterdam Authority (PoR), department Corporate Strategy as senior advisor. From 1997 to 2007, he worked at Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR).