This course is the leading professional development training programme on managing ports in today’s global economy. Since 1999 the Diploma has been recognised as a foremost qualification for port managers, as well as being used by many governments, port companies and terminal operators as part of their own internal training programmes. It is available both through this distance learning course, as well as by bespoke course delivery by distance learning and instructor led training for larger groups from companies and organisations
When: 11 March 2020
Where: Delivered online with the support of leading industry experts
Duration: 12 months
● Prospective senior managers and management trainees in the port industry
● Port and maritime authority personnel seeking career development
● New and future entrants to the industry such as seafarers and graduates
● Shipping line managers, shipping agents, plus freight, cargo and logistics service providers
● Government staff, regulators and planners
● Equipment and service suppliers, industry advisors, investors, legal professionals and consultants
● Engineering and construction companies, infrastructure and investment managers
Hassan Hedabou, Harbour Master Officer, Tanger Med Port Authority
Neil leads the faculty for the Diploma in Port Management and is a highly experienced ports, shipping and logistics professional with over 30 years’ experience working in the maritime and logistics sector. He is Managing Director of IVOPS Ltd., focussed on supplying operational expertise to owners and operators of container vessels and operations development consultancy and training to container terminal operators.
Neil currently holds position as Independent Non-Executive Director of Dover Harbour Board, overseeing the administration and maintenance of the Port of Dover.
Richard Moore, Senior Pilot, Port of Tyne
The Diploma in Port Management has been academically assessed to provide 60 credits of prior learning accreditation towards a unique MBA delivered in partnership between IBC Academy and Middlesex University.